Thursday, December 15, 2005



"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening..."

Oops, sorry. Didn't see you all there. Was just getting into the christmas spirit.
After all its nearly a week away now, so kids like Lindsay and Millie must be climbing the walls.

Anyway the reason i'm feeling the christmas spirit is because of this.



Cool isn't it! My very own christmas tree in my room. It's even got little lights on it. Dad really is quite clever sometimes.

What it is actually is a branch off of grandad t's tree. He never puts all the branches on because there would not be enough room for Uncle Ian's ZILLIONS of presents. Well, sorry unc. I think somebody else will be getting the biggest pile next year!!!

I had a very peacefull night yesterday. I was a bit sluggish and kept having desats in the afternoon, but i had a very good sleep and have been a lot better today. Dad says that i actually look like a baby now and not a wrinkled prune, which is very unfair!



Now the doctors came round and had a look at me this morning. Actually they had a listen to my chest. And they think that they heard a little heart murmur. But don't everyone suddenly get worried. I told you the other day that this is common in prem babies. Well they gave me some drugs the other week for it, but it did not close it up totally. This may be another reason why i am getting desats, because i am getting tired through the extra work. They say that it should close up quite normally, but if it doesn't they will give me a little extra drugs.



So on to some more nice photos. Well i think they are nice any way. This is a little cuddle i had with my dad earlier tonight. That is my head you can just see sticking out of his shirt.










I am quite restful when i lie here and i didn't have a desat, even after my dinner. So if we can only persuade dad to come a nd stop here all the time it will be great.
At any rate it is a lot comfier than my bed at the moment.
They have put a new 'tucker sling' into it. This basically is a straight jacket type thingy (well its not that bad, i can move my arms and legs) that they tie to the top end of my bed. It stops me from slowly making my way down the cot down to the bottom.

To be honest the nurses don't mind me moving about at all. Thye would rather see me active.



So that is all the news for today, Day 15 of my little life.
As i hope you see from the photos i am definately starting to fill out a bit. And all the complications are just normal things associated with a prem baby.

Tomorrow i have some more visitors coming for the first time (more presents!!). And then on Saturday i will get to meet my uncle graham and auntie bab/sorry/barb/no can't say that either/anne. She's welsh!!! And uncle graham is a gunner!!! Not in the army but in the narth lundun style.

So until tomorrow, bye for now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi zoe
sorry to hear about your heart murmur. Rosie had the same problem and if you could see her now you wouldn't know.
sometimes its nice for mums and dads to know if its happened to other babies.
well you look like your going to be a tough cookie.
your christmas tree looks beautiful just like you.
Hope to see your mum and dad soon.
love sue stu luke and rosie xxxxxxx

5:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi zoe,
i had a heart murmur as well and i was born late! im fine now you wouldn't even know! i must have missed this bit because i dont remember reading it!you will be fine.
love tash
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home