Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hello to all my friends out there in blog watching land.

Well I am now 7 days old, and what a dramatic 7 days it has been. But i am progressing very nicely thank you very much. Everyone in the unit is very pleased with me.







Now i think i told you yesterday that today was going to be a very exciting day.

Well it was more action packed than you could possibly imagine.

Firstly this morning I got myself weighed. Now I have a lost a little bit more weight but don't worry about it. It was only 10g and sometimes I sick that much up.

My feeds have been put up again and so now I am on 6.7 mls per hour.

Now the second exciting thing that happened today was that at 11.30 am, mum and dad went to town and registered me.

So now i am officially a person with a name. And here it is for you to see.

It was quite funny actually (and Uncle Ian will find this paricularly so) because the registrar asked which of my parents wanted to sign the register. Of course mum said she wanted to.

So she signed the register. And the registrar looked at mum's signature. And then he got out a pencil and wrote my mum's name on the official register. This is because in years to come he thinks people might have a problem working out mum's spider scrawl.






So, if you take a close look you can see my name.
Now what some of you may not know yet is that i have a middle name too.

I am Zoe Rhianne Ambler.

I have had a look on the web and i can tell you the following meanings:-

Zoe - Greek or Hebrew, introduced 19th century Britain, meaning life (which mum and dad found out after they had named me, but then thought it was very appropriate)

Rhianne - derivative of Rhiannon, Welsh, meaning mystic Welsh nymph (not Welsh tart as dad said. Auntie Anne will not be happy dad!)

Ambler - the owner or leader of a slow ambling mule (whats all that about?)

Now these next photographs are very special to me. This was probably the nicest part of the whole day.











What you see mum doing is a special cuddle called a 'kangaroo care'.












What it does is promote skin to skin contact between a parent and child.

This is important in the bonding process and it helps mum with her breast milk production.

I also had a go with dad later tonight, but it did not help him with his breast milk production. And he kept yelping because i pulled the hairs on his chest!










This was reallly nice for mum. She held me like this for an hour.
















However the busy day was not over. Lynette, my carer turned down the humidity in my box. The air is kept humid because at the temperature i live in, it is easy to get dry skin. However she said it was not needed anymore as hey presto.......

I am no longer neked!!!













Actually my mum and Lynette conspired against my dad a bit.

Mum was allowed to choose my very first babygrow and she chose this nice little pink number, much to my dad's disgust.

Actually it can't have upset him that much as in the evening he chose a pink one too. But then again he is colour blind!!!

Now it is still a little big on me and i keep loosing my hand down one of the sleeves.

But i feel a lot better now i am not going 'commando'.



So i think you will all agree I have had a very busy day.

I hope you all like my names and approve of my pretty pink clothes. Actually dad is not that grumpy today because Scotland have become world champions in another sport.

Elephant Polo!!!!!!

Because you see a lot of elephants roaming the glens!!

Night night everyone.
xxxxxxxxxxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Zoe Rhianne...........Aunty Anne is delighted that the Welsh managed to get in there somewhere if only to balance the Scottish element! If Mum and Dad had asked I would have helped them with the spelling of the longer version but anything is better than nothing!! I can only be flattered that Anne is in there too (it obviously has nothing really to do with me but I can dream!!) As I have apparently mastered the required technology I shall no doubt feel the need to contact you again soon.
I shall end on a Welsh note:-
Nos Da Cariad xxxx

10:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe. I think after all this Scottish and Welsh talk we need a balance with a bit of Shirebrook. Grandad Gordon was delighted to see you again last night but as you know I left my camera at home because I was sure that your Dad would have his. He hadn't as you now know and we therefore missed recording his first Kankaroo cuddle. It was lovely to see you nestled up to him and pulling the big hairy chest. Never mind it has taught me a lesson. Camera in pocket in future. See you soon Love XXX

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home