Monday, December 19, 2005

Hi everyone and welcome back to my wonderful world.
It seems such a long time since i spoke to you all last, and quite a lot has happened even though it is only three days.



The first thing is that i am back on my cpap machine (thats cpap not cpaq dad). Now i dont want anyone getting upset about these pictures. Mum and dad are both very happy that i am back on the cpap as i have had far fewer desats since.
On Friday i think i mentioned that the doctors thoight that i was suffering from fluid retention.

Well the medicine they gave me certaily did make me wee a lot. However, after further consultations on saturday morning, the nurses and the doctors all came to the conclusion that what was really wrong was that i am just very tired. Its hard work breathing and eating and sleeping and growing you know!!

So the decision was to put me back on cpap to help me out. I know the tubes and pipes all look quite scary but they are not. And it is not helping me to breathe like a ventilator. What it does is to supply a constant stream to my lungs so that if i take small breaths or forget to breathe, it will do it. And this means that i can spend most of my time on about 27%. This is all very normal in prem babies.

Right next news. Well i was weighed yesterday and i have now gone up to 2lbs and 8oz. The doctors are really pleased and they have increased my feeds a little bit more.



Now, here is someone i have been waiting a while to meet.
This is my uncle Ian with my grandad T. He lives in Southampton and has come up for Christmas.
He was pretty surprised at how small i was compared to the photos but he agreed that i had definately filled out a bit.



Anyway he said I was really gorgeous, which gets him brownie points as far as i am concerned.
Because i am worth it!











On top of my box here you can see that i have another new friend. He is cuddly pink elephant and he was sent to me from a little girl called Emily. She is unfortunate because she has uncle kimbo for a dad (uncle stuart and dad both lost to uncle kimbo on the golf simulator last night, and both agreed it wasn't a proper simulation of their abilities).
Only kidding Uncle Kimbo!
I just want to say again a big thank you for all the cards and gifts. Mum and dad really are blown away with all the generosity.



So that is how you find me today. i am now 19 days old which is fantastic!!
I am also getting ready for Christmas on the wards. Lynette has told mum that everyone has to wear stupid headwear (no exceptions dad) on christmas day. it is unfortunate that i will be spending my first christmas on the ward but i am sure there will be lots going off (and uncle kimbo, dad did explain how you thought that i was up to a birth weight of 7lbs until auntie angela explained it in short words).

I will be recieving a visit from aunti anne and uncle graham tomorrow, so i will be able to brief you all on how he is coping with being out of the premiership run in. And dad says that i have started to kick better than gavin henson aiming at someone's head!!!

Night night.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe. I'm a friend of your Uncle Ian's from Southampton. I hope you don't mind but I've been watching your progress and I'm really pleased to see that Uncle Ian has met you at last. You are doing so well! I hope you all have a Happy Christmas.

10:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe, wonderful to see you again.

I'm thinking about you every day and I hope you have a wonderful first Christmas, sorry I can't be with you, but I have to slum it on this great big ship for another 10 days or so yet.

Will be back to wish you a happy new year though.

Love Uncle Stu XXX

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home