Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fun at Bathtime

Well it's been six and a half weeks, my feet smell and i have to have a bath. Helen is doing it today but after that it will be mum and dad.

So first thing is to wash my face. This is done with me swaddled up and using cotton wool.

Then it is hair wash time. This is done with me still swaddled and water from the bath is dripped on my head. Now it is very important that i still have my nappy on at this point, as when i feel the water, the first thing i am likely to do is pee myself.

A quick dry with the towel and then it is off with the nappy and straight in.

Now, this being the first time i have been plunged in water, I bellowed. But after a while it wasn't too bad. Now we have to make sure that all the nooks and crannys are covered and i get a good clean.

And hey presto, i am clean. Time for a nice towel to get me all dry. Then its a quick rub down with Grapeseed oil. I didn't have any bubbles in the bath as my skin drys out very easily, and this is part of the reason for the oil down after.

And there we are. My hair is fluffy, my feet smell lovely and all in all it was not too bad an experience.

Now i don't need a bath every day whilst i am here at NICU. As soon as i get home though it will be a bit more frequent. Dad says that he is going to do me and Frodo at the smae time, which i am not too sure about!!
I hope you all enjoyed me having my first bath.
Until later,
bye bye.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home